Gravity allows you the option to submit either individual URLs or an RSS feed so you don’t have to manually upload URLs to Gravity every time new content is created.
If you only have a handful of articles you want to submit, please use our content upload spreadsheet. We'll the review the content you send back and start driving traffic to the approved links.
If you don’t have the resources to create new content regularly, we recommend creating a campaign with more evergreen content that you can continue to use without the risk of it becoming untimely. Then, whenever you have time to create new content, you can always add it into the mix. Alternatively, you can traffic free media (content by third parties about you or your brand) on Gravity. In fact, free media is a great way to discover your audience. Readers trust reviews from reputable publishers.
IMAGES SIZING FOR NATIVE ADS
Sizing images for native advertising can be tricky as there is not one single image ratio used for the thousands of different placements across our publisher network. The attached pdf describes best practices for you, the advertiser, and illustrates how we at Gravity have tackled the problem.
The Gravity network, as it pertains to sponsored stories, works with advertisers to promote content with a specific goal. Content must consist of information that provides editorial value for the end-user. Sponsored content can come in various forms (ie. video, blog post, review, article, lists/tips, and photo galleries). Here are is a full rundown of our content guidelines.
Some content that Gravity does not promote:
- Adult Products / Services
- Beauty Products / Weight Loss / Cosmetic Supplements / Dietary Supplements
- Contests / Sweepstakes
- Dating Services
- Downloadable content.
- Faux Blogs, Faux News Sites, Faux Review Sites
- “Free” Products or Services
- Homemade Energy
- Investment Advice / Penny Stocks
- Kids and Teens
- Negative Option Pricing Plans (i.e.: A negative option offer auto-charges your card without your affirmative consent after a free trial period ends.)
- Payday Loan / Cash Advance Companies
- Prescription Drugs
- Public Records / Searches
- Scare Tactics / Survival Methods
- Direct Response sign-up pages
- Product purchase pages and landing pages with no content
Here are some additional guidelines:
- A site may not produce more than one pop-up when it is closed.
- No pop-ups on AOL.com Homepage or in AOL Mail.
- “Attention grabbing" mechanisms including images, unrelated to the nature of the product being advertised are not acceptable.
- Disembodiment of the human form to display only the breast, groin or buttock regions is unacceptable.
- Partial Nudity is allowed as long as the person is clearly 18+, no disembodiment, clothing is not transparent, and the headline is not an innuendo.
- Men with bare chests are not allowed.
- Faux News:
- Offer expiration dates that update automatically are not acceptable.
- Advertorial content must have at least 2 prominent disclosures - "ADVERTISEMENT" or "ADVERTORIAL" - in all capital letters at the very top center of the page and "Sponsored Content Provided By [insert name of product or advertiser]" below the nav bar.
- All links must work as labeled.
- The following cannot appear on the landing page:
- Weather Reports
- Market Ticker
- Images / videos of newscasters
- Images / videos of celebrity doctors or other celebrities unless they in fact endorse the product
- These words are not allowed in the URL / creative / landing page:
- Consumer Alert(s)
- Tobacco, Fireworks, and pyrotechnic devices are not allowed.
- Lotteries are only allowed if they are state-run.
- Sites with downloads
CONTENT WE DO NOT ACCEPT
Here is the full list of content categories we don’t accept:
- Alcohol, Drugs, Tobacco
- Financial Services*
- Health Services*
- Online pharmacies
- Weapons, Explosives (including Fireworks and pyrotechnic devices)
*These categories have a higher rate of deceptive business practices and have received a significant number of complaints in the network. Therefore, these categories are subject to greater scrutiny. Submissions will be handled on a case by case basis
We strictly prohibit content that:
- Features pornographic language or imagery
- Sexually suggestive content. Any content that focuses on partially nude models (such as women in bikinis or lingerie), or models in erotic poses
- Promotes hate, violence or discrimination
- Defames an individual, organization, or group of people
- Facilitates participation in any illegal activity (including but not limited to prostitution, the use or sale of illegal drugs, and the illegal downloading of movies or music)
- Promotes businesses that appear to be generally deceptive or misleading
- Encourages high risk investments or money making schemes with the intention of profiting off user participation in such practices
- Contains adware, malware, spyware, virus, Trojan horses or other features designed to infiltrate or damage computer systems or access personally identifiable user information without explicit user consent
- Is intended to frighten or alarm the reader with information geared toward persuading the reader to take a specific action
- Sites that produce more than one pop-up when closed
Gravity reserves the right to reject content for the following quality and tonality infractions:
- Grammatical errors
- Improper spelling
- Incorrect language use
- Incoherent passages or structure
- Improper use of capitalization
Lack of authenticity
- Illustrates a lack of understanding of the intended subject matter
- Misleads or deceives
- Mimics a news format or otherwise tries to hide its commercial nature
- Possesses no useful information or entertainment value
- Grainy images
- Graphically violent or pornographic imagery
- Disembodiment of the human form to display only the breast, groin, or buttock regions
Inaccurate or Misleading Headlines
- Does not depict landing page content
- Exaggerates or embellishes landing page content
Calls-to-Action in Headlines
- Registration pleas
- Prize offers
- Promotions or sales
- Urges customer calls or emails
- Shocking or sensational
- These words are not allowed in the URL/creative/landing page: Consumer Alert(s), Shocking, Exposed, Report(s), News, Headline(s)
If you are unsure if your content meets our Content Guidelines, please email your Account Manager.